May Book Group Update

 May 9

Three Martini Afternoons at the Ritz


Thank you Rhonda for wonderful made to order martini's, lemon bars and potato chips.

We had a far ranging discussion about all sorts of things, not just the book.  I think an over-arching theme was that women, like Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton, certainly lived different lives than any of us but all women have to make choices and most women can make it through life without suicidal depression. 

All in all, it was a very dark tale about two women born into the wrong era for their ambition.  These are my opinions from our discussion.  Anyway, the next book is Horse and will be at Cathy Stamm's house, 48 Vita Ct.  I apologize to Adrienne for miss-reading the chart last night as she was surprised when I told her she was hosting.  

Happy Reading 

Gerrie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tech issues: